Phrag. longifolium var. hincksianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And flower too. Will it get any additional flowers off that spike? Seems like fairly manageable size for a Phrag....or is the plant size deceiving?

Its half the size of a regular longifolium and it will bloom for months on end! There are 2 more spikes starting up. I recently divide it so it had to regain its momentum. In S/H previously in CHC.

Culture question of Phrag Longifolium var. hartwegii

Hi folks sorry if I'm in the wrong "thread" but couldn't (quickly) see how to introduce a new question. I'll do better next time.
I just bought my first Phrag Longifolium var. hartwegii and I am not sure if I should grow it a bit wetter (like a Besseae) or dryer. I have several Besseae crosses that I feel really comfortable with but haven't really tried many other Phrags because I like my "Bessies" so much.
This past Christmas was so very extra special because I had two Besseae crosses bloom for the first time after growing them for 5 years or so. When I think of the many times I was going to grow the two lazy Phrags out but just didn't. I was so happy when I realized what was happening with them that I honestly went around with the bigggest grin on my face and I told EVERYONE of my joy. You would have thought that I just found that I was having my first child!
Any, any advice you can give me on growing my new Phrag Longifolium var. hartwegii, I would appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back