Phrag. lindenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimorph

Reaction score
Opens up today:

20111010-161109-799.jpg

Tobias

yup, lindenii is the pouchless slipper!
groovy growing!
i've heard they often self pollinate. do you know if that's true?

It is the first bloom for me, so I poorly can't say if it's true that it self pollinates.

Yes it' really weirdo! But I'm happy with the flower, because it is only a few weeks in my cultivation.

The sepals and petals will grow on the next days.

Trimorph

These can be really imperssive when mature.

Maybe it makes sense that they self pollinate. The pouch seems to be a guided maze that helps insure that the pollinator pollinates the flower. If there is no need for the extra part, why have it?

I really like this species because of it's oddness. I've reserved a spot for this plant when I get bigger growing space.

Now the bloom is much better:

20111012-142128-883.jpg

I cultivate it on the windowsill with caudatum and warszewiczianum and it does not seem to be a verry difficult species.

Tobias

Great stuff! I don't think this is an easy species to grow or more would have it.

Or it may just be a lack of interest for this species. There are so many beautiful and colourful phrags out there that it will take some time for me to buy one of those, unless one turns out on a sales table. :p

Back