Phrag Haley Decker...progress

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid-fever

Reaction score
Hello All,

I nervously make this post seeing how the last few progress threads for kovachii & kovachii hybrids have turned out. No one deserves the excitement and anticipation of awaiting a plant to bloom only to have the bud/flower blast:( :sob:

So I hope that this bud comes to fruition. Below is a Phrag. Haley Decker (kovachii x Saint Ouen). It was purchased when Glenn first offered his seedlings and since has been a good grower. Meanwhile a seedling purchased at the same time has barely grown... Some plants are just more vigorous. I will post progress as this hopefully blooms. Thanks for looking.

IMG_6987.jpg

IMG_6988.jpg

How exciting! I have a Suzanne Decker that's making progress, but it's a ways from blooming size yet. I can't wait to see your bloom! :smitten:

Hello,

As requested today I have included pictures of the plant as well as the bud. I should tell the story of the growth habit of this particular Haley Decker. I recieved it as a 4" seedling and it grew quickly, then stalled and put out a second growth as the original growth quickly rotted away. Then that growth stalled 1/2 way to maturity. A third growth (now in bud) started and has grown very rapidly. Although it is blooming on a small plant (under 12 inches across).

IMG_7002.jpg

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

Eric, It still thinks it's a 3 growth plant!.......Super nice. I'm glad to see neither you nor the plant gave up!

I understand the coment that without as much leaf mass the amount of photosynthesis taking place is less but this plant seems to be doing quite well. The growth that is in bud is small but healthy and it is blooming, so the plant has to be fairly healthy, it is not blooming "on it's last leg." Also it is 37.5% besseae and 12.5% schilimii...both smaller growing plants.

The bud has started to "nod" down so I do not think it will be to much longer.
The photos below are from 1/13/09 about 7:30 pm.

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

Latest posts

Back