Phrag Fritz Schomburg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trdyl

Reaction score
Here are a couple of flower photos of my recently acquired FS The NS on this one is 4 3/8 inches as of today and still growing.

Attachments

• Phrag Fritz Schomburg 20Feb14 small.jpg
    Phrag Fritz Schomburg 20Feb14 small.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Phrag Fritz Schomburg sunlight 20Sep14 small.jpg
    Phrag Fritz Schomburg sunlight 20Sep14 small.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 76
Yay besseae hybrids! Did you get it in bloom/bud?

Yes, I did get it in bloom. While unpacking it, the first bloom which was a little larger and the dorsal sepal was rolled back promptly popped off. This flower at the time was a small bud. I'm glad this one's sepal did not roll back. Now if only the petals will stop rolling...

I would have never guessed a red crossed with a purple flower would produce a pink. Got to love genetics... I wonder if anyone has made this cross with the flavum form of besseae.

I would have never guessed a red crossed with a purple flower would produce a pink. Got to love genetics... I wonder if anyone has made this cross with the flavum form of besseae.
Thanks for the info. A few are on eBay. Yes, made w/ flavum was done by Orchidview. its similar just a little lighter.

Thanks for your comments Eron and Stella.

This past Thursday I was just getting ready to clean the plant up a bit for a local show this last weekend. While I was walking with it to my kitchen the flower popped right off. All I can say is you've got to love Phrags.... At least it did pop off while walking it into the show area.

Latest posts

Back