Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know... I don't know about you guys, but I find this to be more pleasing that Phrag Jason Fischer. I like the pinker color from the dose of fischeri and the fuller form. It also seems to be consistent in the very nice to awesome range. Well done Tom!

I definitely agree. And this is an excellent example of the cross. Great bloom, Dot!

Ya know... I don't know about you guys, but I find this to be more pleasing that Phrag Jason Fischer. I like the pinker color from the dose of fischeri and the fuller form. It also seems to be consistent in the very nice to awesome range. Well done Tom!

I like Fox Valley Fireball better too. I find it is easier to grow and I tend to like the shape better. It is typically smaller than Jason Fischer though.

e-spice

Most, if not all of the Phrag. Jason Fischers I've seen are either 3N or 4N, while all Phrag. Fox Valley Fireballs are 2N. I would expect the sizes would be closer to comparable if you compared 2N clones of each. Also, Fox Valley Fireball contains a dose of fischeri in the background that Jason Fischer lacks - ergo the color depth, rounder shape and somewhat smaller flower......

I had to share this: I put the plant in the Greater Lansing Orchid Society display at the Ann Arbor OS show this weekend, and the judges must have liked it -- they gave it an AM/AOS of 82 points.:clap:

I had to share this: I put the plant in the Greater Lansing Orchid Society display at the Ann Arbor OS show this weekend, and the judges must have liked it -- they gave it an AM/AOS of 82 points.:clap:

Sweet! Well deserved! Congrats, Dot! And the clonal name is...?

Congratulations, Dot! Very deserving of the award, and I'm sure it's well grown. Hope you can bring it to the MOS Palm Sunday show, assuming there is at least another bud - I'd love to see it. As more and more seedlings get to be blooming size, I think we're starting to see the full potential of the cross.

Thanks!

Sweet! Well deserved! Congrats, Dot! And the clonal name is...?
Wacousta -- I've been giving that name to all my awards. It's the town I live in now. Wacousta was supposedly an Indian maiden.

Congratulations, Dot! Very deserving of the award, and I'm sure it's well grown. Hope you can bring it to the MOS Palm Sunday show, assuming there is at least another bud - I'd love to see it. As more and more seedlings get to be blooming size, I think we're starting to see the full potential of the cross.
Thanks, Tom. There is another bud, and if it is open for the MOS show, I'll put it in the GLOS display. Rob Halgren, who knows his Phrags, said he's never seen such a deep red on a Phrag before.

Thanks, everyone. I am pleased!

Thanks!

Yes, please, I'd love to see this too!

Congratulations on the award!

Latest posts

Back