Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Barbara LeAnn ‘Select’ x Rosalie Dixler ‘FV’

A little history: I purchased this from Tom several years ago as a small seedling. It bloomed last year, but the flower wasn't very good. Color was poor and so was the shape. A good lesson for why to not count on the first flowering to be typical. This one is very nice!

Phrag_FoxValleyFireball-2011.jpg

One of my favorite hybrids. I have several of them.

*sniff, sniff* :sob: I have none! 'Must do something about that! This is awesome, Dot. It's hard to believe that it has ever had poor colour and shape. You're right of course. The first bloom is never up to par. It's almost worth pinching out the first spike as soon as it gets out of the leaves and waiting for the second blooming to judge quality.

I agree with all of the above. And I'm finally gotta get mine at Orchidexpo next month. :rollhappy:

Ya know... I don't know about you guys, but I find this to be more pleasing that Phrag Jason Fischer. I like the pinker color from the dose of fischeri and the fuller form. It also seems to be consistent in the very nice to awesome range. Well done Tom!

Back