Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Dot...just checking to see how your second bud is developing, and if you think it will be ready for next week?

I have a newbie question about judging (don't snicker, guys, I'm just starting with all this stuff)...since this won an award last month, could a second bud be eligible for another? And can you take a plant to subsequent shows and get awards?

The second bud is open, and there's a third developing. It will be my luck that the second flower will fall off just before the show, and the 3rd bud won't be open yet. We'll see -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The same plant can be put into another show for AOS judging, but not the same blooming -- as far as I know.

I had to share this: I put the plant in the Greater Lansing Orchid Society display at the Ann Arbor OS show this weekend, and the judges must have liked it -- they gave it an AM/AOS of 82 points.:clap:

A bit late, but congratulations! :drool:

Hi Katherine,

Regardless of the number of buds on the original inflorescence, the plant can not be submitted for judging again on that inflorescence -only on subsequent inflorescences.

Thanks, that's good to know!

Here's another question...given that phrags bloom sequentially, does it make a difference to the judges if they're looking at the first bloom or one further up the line?

Here is a link to an iPhone photo of a second bloom Fireball (same cross as Dot's, purchased from Hausermann's) behind a first bloom 2N Jason Fischer from OL.

http://gallery.me.com/terry_rosborough/100077

The Fireball is 8.5 cm width and the JF is 7.5. The Fireball has much more of a pink/purple cast to it, which is very nice. I have about 5 very red JF and am very happy to get much more fischeri in this particular Fireball! Color variation is good.

Congratulations Dot. That is a wonderful flower. The colour and shape are exceptional. Well deserved. Lovely photo as well.

David

Latest posts

Back