Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Barbara LeAnn ‘Select’ x Rosalie Dixler ‘FV’ -- Tom Kalina's cross. First bloom. Nice shape and color, but it looks like someone needs to iron the petals...

Phrag_FoxValleyFireball.jpg

I like it -- the color rocks! Are the petals supposed to be flat?

Hi Dot,

How long was the bloom been open when you took the photo? The petals on these guys tend to wave around a little right after opening, and should eventually flatten.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Dot,
How long was the bloom been open when you took the photo? The petals on these guys tend to wave around a little right after opening, and should eventually flatten.
Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom!
It's only been open a couple days when I took the photo. I'll keep watching to see if it flattens a bit more. I love the color and shape.

Dot; just curious....is the texture true to life, or did you use a photo editing program to "sharpen" it?

Good question, John. I had to look at the flower after I read your question to be sure. It indeed has a texture. I will also admit that I always sharpen the photos a little in Photoshop after I size them down for internet viewing, to compensate slightly for the loss of detail and sharpness that results from the downsizing. So that does enhance the texture a bit.

Thanks Dot. I too have to sharpen a bit after sizing down; but, I find that if I overdo it, they can look overly textured,....kinda like micropixilated, which is not normally the way they look in real life, of course. Good luck with the flattening out. This one would be great if it were to become flat!

Back