Phrag. caudatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Beautiful !
An interesting story...while visiting HP Norton, I noticed a beautiful caudatum in bloom..sitting in a saucer of water !!!!! I said to HP, I thought you weren't suppose to sit caudatums in water...and with his sweet little impish grin he said "your not" ! :rollhappy: So go figure......

Thank you, Gilda!
I have a caudatum hybrid, Phragmipedium Schroderae in s/h for a year now. As I read even caudatum hybrids want to dry before the next watering. But mine doesn't mind the s/h, it started two new grows in it, and they grow nicely.
And I think about putting the caudatum (or popowii:)...) in s/h after it finishes flowering.

Hi Ruli. As promised my caudatum has now flowered and is the plant closest to the camera. The other one is warcewiczianum--- I can't tell the difference.
The warcewiczianum was bought from KJ orchids.

A beautiful flower, Ruli! Congratulations on making such a great purchase. I agree with the others; I think it's a warcewiczianum, not a caudatum. BTW: I LOVE your marble staircase!

Very nice! I can't see the difference:) And it looks like mine, also...
So, I think you have 2 warcewiczianums and I have 1...:rollhappy:

A beautiful flower, Ruli! Congratulations on making such a great purchase. I agree with the others; I think it's a warcewiczianum, not a caudatum. BTW: I LOVE your marble staircase!
Thank you! (And thank you about the staircase. In Greece marble was very common, we had it everywhere in our buildings. About 30 years ago even the kitchen sinks were from marble, but it was not really practical-it was very easy to broke the plates, etc, in it, as it's really hard...Now marble is quite expensive, so usually only our staircases and windowshills are from marble.)

Back