Phrag. caudatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky you! An instant big, beautiful multispikes caudatum. Congratulations for finding such a beauty and buying it. :drool::drool::drool:

Thank you! I prefer to buy (if I can find and pay for it :)) orchids in bud. I ordered too many supposedly flowering sized orchids which when I received was much smaller...

I also Have a caudatum which came from Kopf a few months ago. It now has three lovely ' chilli buds' on two spikes which I hope will turn out as good as these.

Ed

Fabulous Ed, these are really great aren't they? Do you keep a saucer of water underneath it because I thought that Caudatum was more of a dry root phrag?

Thank you, Rick!
Fabulous Ed, these are really great aren't they? Do you keep a saucer of water underneath it because I thought that Caudatum was more of a dry root phrag?
No, the saucer is without water. But I put it there, because it's standing in a big collective"saucer", which usually has water in it, as all the other orchids in this big "saucer" are in s/h and every time I water them I let the water come out from the holes on the side. So I wanted to protect the caudatum from standing in water:)
By the way, my name is Ruli, not Ed:D

Is there a difference in colour between warcewiczianum and caudatum. I have both and they both look like the same plant-- or could the caudatum be a little greener on the petals??

Ed

Is there a difference in colour between warcewiczianum and caudatum. I have both and they both look like the same plant-- or could the caudatum be a little greener on the petals??

Ed

Phragmipedium warscewiczianum has a more compact growth as Phrag. caudatum. Furthermore, there is a lot more red/brown tones on the flowers (caudatum is mainly a green flower)

Thank you all!
At the show Kopf had a sample plant of caudatum, in flower, and the color was green-yellow, so I was a little suprised when the flowers opened. (But I like better this color :)) My plant's label writes on it caudatum. But if it's a warcewiczianum, whith more compact grow and better (for me) color, it's fine for me.:) So, do i have to change the label?:)

Love it. The fun part of caudatum is that the petals continually grow, 1-2 cm/day. When they finally stop growing though, the flower simply drops off...in perfect condition.

Thank you all!
At the show Kopf had a sample plant of caudatum, in flower, and the color was green-yellow, so I was a little suprised when the flowers opened. (But I like better this color :)) My plant's label writes on it caudatum. But if it's a warcewiczianum, whith more compact grow and better (for me) color, it's fine for me.:) So, do i have to change the label?:)
Depends on if you are a lumper or a splitter. You could have the label say caudatum var. warcewiczianum/popowii.

Thank you, Rick!

No, the saucer is without water. But I put it there, because it's standing in a big collective"saucer", which usually has water in it, as all the other orchids in this big "saucer" are in s/h and every time I water them I let the water come out from the holes on the side. So I wanted to protect the caudatum from standing in water:)
By the way, my name is Ruli, not Ed:D

LOL, so sorry that I called you Ed, I must have been looking at the post above mine when I responded to you.

Regardless it is a beauty and I want one too!! -Ruli!

Thank you, Dot!
Susie11 I think both Kopf and Popow have them, so....:D

Latest posts

Back