Phrag. Besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjaymay29

Reaction score
I opened my first besseae... very excited

IpcHVA.jpg

Y3kU7t.jpg

Here are some of my breeding plants. They are all from OZ breeding line and now I am doing the breeding line on them again along with a couple of Chuck's FCC besseae. My growing space is very limited but I don't mind to keep a couple dozen of this species. The Phrag. besseae 'Z6777' is a branching plant with 3.5 inches NS flowers.

Phrag. besseae ‘LeNguyen’s Cutie’.JPG Phrag. besseae ‘ThienNgo Le’.JPG Phrag. besseae ‘Z6777’.JPG

am
Here are some of my breeding plants. They are all from OZ breeding line and now I am doing the breeding line on them again along with a couple of Chuck's FCC besseae. My growing space is very limited but I don't mind to keep a couple dozen of this species. The Phrag. besseae 'Z6777' is a branching plant with 3.5 inches NS flowers.

View attachment 14732 View attachment 14733 View attachment 14734
your besseaes are amazing blooms, i find it is very hard to keep besseae alive so I think anyone who could keep them alive are really good orchid growers, I had so many gorgeous plants from many vendors however they all eventually died on me.

Yay besseae! Le, you have a huge growing area, I saw it on the Peruvian forum! Good luck with the besseae breeding project. I have a hard time with orange/red besseae but find yellow easier to grow. Thanks for sharing. BTW, Ecuagenera has a branching mulifloral besseae, the color is good and blooms are numerous but the blooms are small and the shape is not great, their website says "v. quaramales" but my plant that looks similar to that photo is labeled "Chiguinda".

am

your besseaes are amazing blooms, i find it is very hard to keep besseae alive so I think anyone who could keep them alive are really good orchid growers, I had so many gorgeous plants from many vendors however they all eventually died on me.
Thanks Hien. I get lucky I think. I just grow them normally like any other plants. I killed number of them as well. LOL

Yay besseae! Le, you have a huge growing area, I saw it on the Peruvian forum! Good luck with the besseae breeding project. I have a hard time with orange/red besseae but find yellow easier to grow. Thanks for sharing. BTW, Ecuagenera has a branching mulifloral besseae, the color is good and blooms are numerous but the blooms are small and the shape is not great, their website says "v. quaramales" but my plant that looks similar to that photo is labeled "Chiguinda".
Hi Eric,
I have branching besseae on both normal type and flavum type. The 'Z6777' on a picture above is the branching one with good shape, and size, It is about 3.5 inches NS; but it is an old plant so no surprise about the flower size. I know the quaramales variety, the shape looks bad. dalessandroi should be a better choice on muti-flowers on branching spike.

Latest posts

Back