Phrag. besseae fma. flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, you're already getting some of mine!! :p

These look amazing! I have a flask made a year or two later than yours, so now I'm really itching to see mine bloom! Yours are fantastic!

David

#3 bloomed while I was away on vacation. Between the time I got home and when I went to take a pic it had dropped. The first 3 have been remarkably consistent. NS is 6.5 cm. This is the only blooming plant so far that has put out 2 new growths.

--Stephen

# 5 just opened. There's a little bit of browning along the petals. A few of my recent blooms have had it - dunno why. This guy is as consistent as the rest with a NS of 6.3 cm.

Can you run me on the light culture on the third photo of your very first posting?
It looks quite dark but apparently the plants look great.
I wonder what kind of light bulbs and how many are being used there.

I think I have my plants under way too much light.

My phrag is by the window and doing well, but since I'm new to the light, I'm always keen to how others are doing.

Can you run me on the light culture on the third photo of your very first posting?
It looks quite dark but apparently the plants look great.
I wonder what kind of light bulbs and how many are being used there.

I think I have my plants under way too much light.

My phrag is by the window and doing well, but since I'm new to the light, I'm always keen to how others are doing.

I have these guys below a fluorescent fixture with 4 T8 bulbs - 2 warm white, 1 cool white, 1 Flora Sun Plant Growth Bulb. The leaves are 8" below the bulbs, so they're getting a pretty good amount of light. The buds themselves end up about an inch from the bulbs, but they do just fine.

As long as the leaves on your plants are a nice vibrant green and the growth rate is good, I wouldn't worry about it. I have found that Phrags can grow well under a range of light levels.

The plant in the back of that photo that's higher than the rest is a klotzscheanum. Its leaves reach right up to the bulbs.

Back