Phrag. besseae fma. flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My first Phrag. besseae fma. flavum from flask has bloomed! The cross is from Chuck Acker and is 'Chuck's Choice' AM/AOS x 'Germany #2'. It has a NS of 6.5 cm. I'm quite happy with this one.

Plant in a 2" pot:

I've got 8 more from this cross spiking and will post pics as they bloom:

:eek:

--Stephen

Thanks, everyone!

very nice!
If you want to sell one of your plants I would be happy buying it!
Eliseo
I'll be blooming these 9 out and then seeing how many I want to keep. I am sentimentally attached to these since I've grown them from flask. Ideally I'd save them all for a second blooming but I'm already out of room and have more seedlings growing. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to get phrags back and forth from Columbia. Otherwise I would've coerced you into selling a Green Hornet. :D

Very nice and good looking culture on the plant.
How long from flask?
JC
These guys are 32 months out of flasks. I had them in too low light for a long time so I bet better culture could've shaved 6 months off that.

That's damn nice. Award quality, I'd wager, once it reaches adulthood.
Great, now I'm terrified. I've never bloomed anything potentially award quality that isn't a division of something already awarded. This guy is pretty flat aside from a slightly cupped dorsal.

I am so excited to see these as I have about 15 of the same cross from Chuck Acker but only out of the flask since last November. If they turn out any where near this nice I will be very happy.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to get phrags back and forth from Columbia. Otherwise I would've coerced you into selling a Green Hornet. :D

I do have a way to get the plants from US to Colombia. The other way is more complicated, specially for Phrags.

Eliseo

#2 is blooming with a NS of 6.4 cm. Not quite as nice as #1 - the petals have a pinch to them and they're not as wide or symmetrical. But I still like it.

Oddly, the spike on this one has a lower bract whereas #1 did not. Most of the ones in spike right now have the bract.

I'll be on vacation for all of next week. I'm hoping I'll have one or two more open when I get back. :D

--Stephen

Back