Phrag Barbara LeAnn Going Downhill

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you!
Do they sell it in a bottle there and used commonly today??

Now, the quick drying property part makes me wonder if it will penetrate inside the plant ( or animal and whatever else) tissues before drying out on the surface?

I also read that its mutagenicity is under study for possible cancer treatment, but it can work for negative ways.
Definitely an interesting stuff!

Maybe single-called organisms are too vulnerable to the effect while plants and animal cells can better deal with the damage it might cause by shutting off the affected area?

Good for you!
Do they sell it in a bottle there and used commonly today??

Yes. Used more commonly in the rural areas than in big cities.

Now, the quick drying property part makes me wonder if it will penetrate inside the plant ( or animal and whatever else) tissues before drying out on the surface?

It will.

I also read that its mutagenicity is under study for possible cancer treatment, but it can work for negative ways.
Definitely an interesting stuff!

Yes, it is used to treat tumors and ulcers here.

Maybe single-called organisms are too vulnerable to the effect while plants and animal cells can better deal with the damage it might cause by shutting off the affected area?

What damage?

Sorry for being too vague.
Damage as in cell destruction by the action of Dragon's Blood, whatever the mechanism it works through.

Sorry for being too vague.
Damage as in cell destruction by the action of Dragon's Blood, whatever the mechanism it works through.

It does not damage cells. In humans there has never been documented side effects oral or dermal.
On plants I experimented with flooding the crowns of newly deflasked paphs and phrags to see if it accelerated growth and there was no negative effect on the tender tissue.

You did not respond to my last text. :poke:

Just very curious and picking Lance's brain. :)

If it sounds too good to be true, ...
I've read about it and it has certain properties proved to be true.
Just not so much into trying whatever based on what people say.

Btw, it's looking terrible.
I'm going to cut off the affected leaves, and pitch it if the symptom continues on. Don't want it to potentially spread to other plants.
It's a pity because the flowers on this one was very good. Plus, there is a tiny new start at the base.

Latest posts

Back