Phrag. Audrey - confessions of a phrag addict

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My addiction began with a flask of Phragmipedium Audrey that I received from Chuck Acker in 2016. Never grew a phrag before. Never grew from flask before. Maybe I should have just gone to Vegas, but I still think this is more fun.
CBBA0F30-60C9-44CE-927E-B4695614C0A7.jpeg

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Starting with your first flask is definitely putting your feet in the fire, but you seem to have done a fantastic job!

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had the courage to attempt a flask, but I keep looking at Chuck Acker's lists. Well done, Kate!

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Clearly you were meant to have Phrags!

Audrey was on my wish list. have thought I purchased it 3 times only to find out the plants were mislabeled 3 times. Glad to see what I am missing

richgarrison

Reaction score
I haven't had the courage to attempt a flask, but I keep looking at Chuck Acker's lists. Well done, Kate!
(not to overly sidetrack this thread - because this cross - Audrey - is certainly a beaut! )

Chuck is definitely a simple way to jump in...

in order to send you the flask, he's basically done the stressful part of getting plantlets from the flask... all you have to do is let them fall apart as they may, and then pot them into whatever compot you want... and with Phrags, NZ sphagnum works well for a lot of folks and is very simple. Keep them in a very humid environment for a few days til they acclimate to your growing environment... then just keep the sphagnum moist... because i have fan blowing over the tops, i water every day...

DSC_0343cropped.JPGDSC_0344small.JPG

monocotman

Reaction score
If the seedlings are good quality with decent roots then growing phrags from a compot Is fairly easy, even for indoor growers. Just follow the usual guidelines. If you’ve mastered growing the plants in your own set up, it is the next step!
David

Djthomp28

Reaction score
My first try from flask were Phrags. They did so well I have gone a bit phrag flask over board with purchased from Chuck, Woodstream, and Windy Hill.

Latest posts