Phrag. Audrey - confessions of a phrag addict

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had the courage to attempt a flask, but I keep looking at Chuck Acker's lists. Well done, Kate!

(not to overly sidetrack this thread - because this cross - Audrey - is certainly a beaut! )

Chuck is definitely a simple way to jump in...

in order to send you the flask, he's basically done the stressful part of getting plantlets from the flask... all you have to do is let them fall apart as they may, and then pot them into whatever compot you want... and with Phrags, NZ sphagnum works well for a lot of folks and is very simple. Keep them in a very humid environment for a few days til they acclimate to your growing environment... then just keep the sphagnum moist... because i have fan blowing over the tops, i water every day...

DSC_0343cropped.JPGDSC_0344small.JPG

If the seedlings are good quality with decent roots then growing phrags from a compot Is fairly easy, even for indoor growers. Just follow the usual guidelines. If you’ve mastered growing the plants in your own set up, it is the next step!
David

Yes, well done. Very impressed that you grow phrags with so much ease in Hawaii, right next to all your Cattleyas. Do you have a post somewhere of your current growing setup with pictures?

I would love a tour sometime if you get a chance. Maybe when the weather gets colder in the rest of the world and we are locked inside... you might be able to treat us all to a post of pictures, a virtual trip to your Hawaiian orchid wonderland filled
with phrags, Jurassic sized dendrochilum
and blue skies!

wow definitely what i hope for in long petalled phrags... maybe Chuck will do a remake... ;-)

Love my phrags! In Covid lockdown and new to this type of orchid, I too ordered flasks. Wood stream really helpful in directing me how to deflask. Don’t know if I will (72) live long enough to see them mature and bloom! Lol
like monsoon flora flasks a lot.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back