Phaleonopsis Jiaho’s Pink Girl

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 4 years ago, I ordered a Psychopsis papillio. The package arrived in cold temperatures without a heat pac. I opened the package and inside found these 2 little teacup Phals. I called the retailer and they said to keep them they were supposed to go somewhere else and mailed out the Psychopsis papillio. It has still not bloomed1930AFF9-C7DB-42BA-BAF1-67D6240867E8.jpeg

Quite a show.

However plant looks a little stressed... maybe add a little moss to inside pot to maintain longer water absorption? Just a thought.
Your right LeslieEe. Many of my plants in smaller pots just dry out too fast. I have been trying/experimenting with semi-hydro...I am out of town so much during the winter...and combine that with dry air in the winter. Fairrieaum’s don’t like me!

DS, transfer the Phals. into wood baskets with a long fibered sphagnum moss rather loosely packed. I have about 50
species and a few hybrids and they seem to love this potting method. Also you can get away with less watering.

Back