Phal with missing leaves

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paph_LdyMacBeth

I have a Phalaenopsis 'Queen Beer' that lost (hem hem I did some surgery) a few months ago due to rot. I left my plants with a friend for a few weeks while I was away and came home to most of my phals with some form of rotten mush or another. :mad:
Anyway, this plant looks great now, no further signs of rot. However, the leaves that are missing are two in the middle so the plant looks kinda retarded. Its a pretty mature plant. I was told by another forum that I could just repot it up to the next highest leaves (removing all the leaves below), but I am hesitant about this advice. Also, the flower stalks come out two leaves down so I wouldn't want to bury these when repotting?
Its a beautiful plant that has always been in flower :)...I don't want to loose it!

suggestions greatly appreciated :)

I wouldn't mess with it if I were you. Over time, the lower leaves will wither and you can remove them. Right now, they are helping to support the plant.

I guess I'm lucky--whenever I've been away, Kyle has looked after my plants and they've been great upon my return home. Not sure if I've done as great a job for him when he's been away, but he did ask me a second time so I guess I didn't do too much damage! LOL

I agree with Nik, also, although it may need repotting. But if the newest leaves are OK, i.e., no crown rot, the plant should be OK.

Latest posts

Back