phal equestris var. rosea 'Judy'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received this plant in a trade with Duane Erdmann; he was extremely generous with the number and type of plants that he sent me - thanks Duane! It has incredibly deep and vivid flowers, a color that again is difficult for my digital camera to capture and reproduce on my computer. ... I just edited a picture of this plant next to my phal aphrodite, and the other white flowers helped the camera to get the right color balance (or be a lot closer), so tomorrow I may try to get a few more images with a gray card. My camera wants to make the colors too 'bright' and maybe have too much yellow in them, so they look much more bright than they really are. The color is very deep but has very little brightness to it. I'm assuming that this is this plants' first flowering (at least for me)

peqrosea112a.JPG

peqrosea112b.JPG

peqrosea112c.JPG

phalaphandrosea112.JPG

comparing my phal aphrodite and equestris rosea. this picture may actually have the closest color for the equestris

Charles,
In the RAW converter, do you use the white balance eye dropper for something like this?
Thanks.

btw, you got alot of pop going on. Maybe one should travel more often? :poke:
Nice culture.:)

Charles,
In the RAW converter, do you use the white balance eye dropper for something like this?
Thanks.

Hello Clark,
I've never tried to calibrate the raw converter, but if you have something that's supposed to be pure white (or you put a white piece of something in the image), you can click the dropper or the tune button I think and it should adjust a bit. It helps the camera to have that white aphrodite in the picture when I have the very dark equestris. I haven't really studied the white balance enough to be good at using it; I sometimes use the eye dropper if there is something already white but I think using a white or gray card can help the camera get the right balance. I'm not sure why when I try to take pictures of very red or purple things, they get very 'bright' and so when I try to up the saturation the image really gets blown out. I have to darken the whole image a lot and then up the saturation a lot

Latest posts

Back