Phal deliciosa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, is that the yellow form of deliciosa? nice picture

It is kind of pale yellow. I saw a picture of a var. hookerae which looked green/yellow instead of yellow or cream with the side lobes striated like this one, so I don't know how many forms there are, or how much variation to expect in this species.

i've heard of the two (deliciosa and hookeriana -ae ?) purple/white and yellow. also it seems like the yellow variety often is more vigorous than the purple/white one. my plant is growing fairly well right now but it seems to be skipping a flowering cycle

i've heard of the two (deliciosa and hookeriana -ae ?) purple/white and yellow. also it seems like the yellow variety often is more vigorous than the purple/white one. my plant is growing fairly well right now but it seems to be skipping a flowering cycle

Your spelling of the ssp. is correct. This plant is growing very well for me, but I only got it in April. It started spiking after I got it, but it has two spikes developing bud, and adding roots and leaves. Looking good to me.

Same plant flower variety.

The buds on a second spike have been opening up, and they are much yellower than the flowers on the first spike. I think its pretty weird since they are so close together to be seeing any significant differences in light or heat.

Latest posts

Back