PEOY

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the one from Taiwan is PEOY(I won't bet my money on it), the second one with the dark pouch definitely is a winner by far.

i wonder about some philli in it with the light pouch and reddish petals
The sceptic in me thinks that 'some' sanderianums are MK x sandie, so that could be where the pouch and petal colour come from??

i wonder about some philli in it with the light pouch and reddish petals
The sceptic in me thinks that 'some' sanderianums are MK x sandie, so that could be where the pouch and petal colour come from??
Very much it has Paph. philippinense in it...I also think about P. St. Swithin X...
It is not MK X sanderianum(Shin Yi Sanders)...that hybrid doesn't have flowers or leaves like yours.

What is the petal length? Picture of the staminode...

Last edited:
I don't think rothchilianum would knock down Shin Yi Sanders like that. SYS is almost like a mini sanderianum with shorter petals(20" or longer). Again, what is the petal length?
Based on the flower form, I am thinking St. Swithin X rothchildianum....(Edit: take a look at Shin Yi Pride also, just another direction)

Last edited:
Some complex thing x sanderianum is probably as good as you'll ever get. My eyes see wilhelminae influence, though.

I see wilhelminae or glanduliferum in it as well.

Last edited:
26cm roughly equals 10"--That is a bit short for sanderianum hybrids in general/IMO. My St. Swithin's petals are about that or maybe slightly longer... Good luck with the ID. Eventually, you will find an ID for it.

Latest posts

Back