Pearcei 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
This is my last surviving seedling from a breeding I did several years ago. It bloomed a couple of years ago, and then started to loose growths to erwinia. Since going K-lite the plant is looking much better and put up a decent spike.

Nice save Dude! Mine has gone ape-S... since I put it in S/H! I've divided it twice in less then a year! Of course its getting the K-lite treatment too.

Nice save Dude! Mine has gone ape-S... since I put it in S/H! I've divided it twice in less then a year! Of course its getting the K-lite treatment too.

This one is also in SH, but until recently its really just maintained a handful of growths (with leaf tip burn) over the last few years. I have two large plants that over the years I've tried several times to get divisions established from. They produce tons of new growths every year, but I've never been able to re-establish a single division, even if it had roots coming off of it. But so far with K-lite I've had pretty good luck getting divisions started.

Its beautiful !!
I don't know what K-lite is....is it a weak form of K in NPK in fertilizer??

I think I see moss (spore heads) growing in the cup as well. I'm finding the mosses are growing much better now with the lower N, 75ppm instead of the 100ppm along with the lower K.

Latest posts

Back