Parvi Bloom Frequency

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
Hi,

I have several multi-growth parvi hybrids like Magic Lantern, Fanaticum, and Joyce Hasegawa that grow leaves and roots nicely but only bloom every 2-3 years. Most of my brachi species and hybrids bloom annually or better. Are fairly infrequent blooms typical of parvis?

Thanks for any info,
e-spice

I'd like to know the answer to that, mine are in the every other year category. I have been increasing light levels, I'm hoping that helps!

I also experience this for most (but not all) of my parvis. I'd be interested in hearing comments from folks on general parvi culture/growing tips.

I'm yet to bloom anything with even a whiff of parvi :mad::sob: so I'm going to read this with interest too.

I'd blame light first too. Parvis like their light. Malipoense, delenatii, and vietnamense should definitely bloom yearly IMO. Micranthum and armeniacum bloom about every other year for us (if you count the times buds blast). I'm sure a true master could bloom mic and arm yearly??? Sam Tsui said arm and mic bloom reliably given hot, wet summers and cool, drier winters; so that's what we do (easy in Chicago!). Don't have any emersonii. Not allowed to talk about that other parvi. ;)

-Ernie

I'm happy to get a parvi to simply bloom at all....rebloom is still not within my range of luck (except for delanatii....which may bloom yearly, may take long breaks in between depending on how it grows..)

Latest posts

Back