Paphiopediulum In-Charm Handel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca69

Reaction score
This is a delenatii x hangianum
9303b5d45115c7007c8f2521cc40dae7.jpg

589fc01cd69611aa0edbd3b63c9fb38e.jpg

Both the flowers and leaves are typical of JH, but I have seen In-Charm Handel that look awful a lot like JH.
Is it fragrant??

I would expect the pouch to be much rounder for a hang hybrid. Maybe with a butt chin as well.

Very nice regardless.

Both hangianum and emersonii have very round pouch, and their hybrids tend to resemble that feature, although proportion to the overall flower size might be slightly different.

Then, again, most delenatii flowers also have nearly perfectly round but rather small pouch.

Not so round pouch gene kicked in, I guess. lol

I'm curious how big this flower is? and are they scented???

Both hangianum and emersonii have very round pouch, and their hybrids tend to resemble that feature, although proportion to the overall flower size might be slightly different.

Then, again, most delenatii flowers also have nearly perfectly round but rather small pouch.

Not so round pouch gene kicked in, I guess. lol

I'm curious how big this flower is? and are they scented???

No unfortunately they aren't scented. The biggest one NS is 13cm (5')

Pretty sure there are a lot of Joyce Hasegawa that were made with hangianum, and sold as the cross made with emersonii. Larry Heuer too. This was done deliberately, you can be sure, when hangianum was still not 'legal' in the USA.

We can tell when they come to the judging table... If you look at the early Joyce Hasegawa awards and compare them to more recent ones, it really isn't fair. Actually I'm not sure of that, I have seen a lot of 'Larry Heuer' that have been (intentionally) mislabelled, and I presume it is the same with Joyce Hasegawa. I don't blame the exhibitors, I blame the breeders.

Kind of a wink and a nudge thing, although I was very very reluctant to award the obviously mislabeled ones. Do you penalize the exhibitor (who _probably_ doesn't know it is mislabeled) for having an excellent flower? That is hard to do.

Latest posts

Back