Paphiopedilum Wössner Mini Goldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

The hybrids of Paphiopedilum helenae are optimal for the culture on the windowsill. They grow and flower very easy and need not so much space.
A wonderful example for this hybridizing-line is

Paphiopedilum Wössner Mini Goldi
This is the cross between Paph. primulinum und Paph. helenae

This cross flowered the 4th time on my windowsill. For this cross the Paph. primulinum forma purpurascens was used.

PaphiopedilumWssnerMiniGoldi-primul.jpg

Here the flowers of the same plant 2 years ago.

primulinumxhelenaeklein.jpg

The cross with the yellow Paph. primulinum is also attractiv and easy in culture.

primulinumxhelenaealbaklein.jpg

best greetings

Olaf

Very, very nice! Some of these helenae crosses are on my list to add next year... they are so perfect!

These are adorable little plants that have great character and charm. I think they offer the breeder a new direction for miniature plants for the windowsill. Are they slower or faster in development?

Cheers!

Theresa
Hillsview

Here is the picture of
Paphiopedilum Wössner Godsuk
helenae X sukhakulii

helenaexsukhakulii.jpg

There were also clones with more golden dorsal sepal.
The plant grows and flowered very easy in a small pot.

Best greetings

Olaf

this godsuk is very interesting too!!! Is the flower size more helenae like or more sukhakulii??? (do you know if Franz Glanz still has plants of those 2 :)??
Jean

Again I'm amazed of the domination of this tiny flower has on shape. Here we have two flowers, both with strong domination for shape and color placement fighting a battle. The end result is a pleasing 50/50 blend of both! It's going to be exciting times ahead to see second and third generations of helenae crosses and how it's genes play out.

Latest posts

Back