Paphiopedilum tigrinum season

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paph Paradise

SlipperTalk Vendor
Reaction score
We usually get flowers from this species in May and September. Our crazy hot weather caused a few plants to blast their buds this spring. These two clones flowered and we have made the reciprocal crosses.

Last year's pods had good germination in the lab so we hope to make more of these available in the future.

Dave

Attachments

• tigrinum 'Gold Country'.jpg
    tigrinum 'Gold Country'.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 42
  • tigrinum 'Richard'.jpg
    tigrinum 'Richard'.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 37
Both gorgeous tigers! :)

Due to the intensity and saturation of the colouring of GC, I also tend to veer in its direction, though that broad dorsal and the width of the petals of 'Richard' certainly carry their attraction too - was its flower all over a wee bit larger or is that an optic illusion of the photo?
There definately seems to be fertile ground for breeding - good luck!

Both gorgeous tigers! :)

Due to the intensity and saturation of the colouring of GC, I also tend to veer in its direction, though that broad dorsal and the width of the petals of 'Richard' certainly carry their attraction too - was its flower all over a wee bit larger or is that an optic illusion of the photo?
There definately seems to be fertile ground for breeding - good luck!

The 'Richard' clone is a bit larger. The photo is a little overexposed.
Dave

We usually get flowers from this species in May and September. Our crazy hot weather caused a few plants to blast their buds this spring. These two clones flowered and we have made the reciprocal crosses.

Very nice clones, especially 'Gold Country'. I would love one but, here in Canada, these are extremely hard to find and rarely offered for sale.

Last edited:
The last pod I harvested took 10 months, I have one on another plant now that is coming up on 11 months and hasn't dried yet. In conversation with DeeDee Flores she has said they can take as long as 16 months and viability is greatly reduced by premature harvest. I'm using Troy Meyers for my seed, and that is who DeeDee uses as well.

Latest posts

Back