Paphiopedilum superbiens var. curtisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Not too sure of the real way to refer to this plant, but this is the name on the label on the plant when I bought it. From what I know, this is probably not the "true" superbiens, but it is nice.

Paphiopedilumsuperbiensvarcurtisiiflowers06-28-2014_zps6f7cb7d0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilumsuperbiensvarcurtisiiplant06-28-2014_zps952cea95.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Just stunning. Lovely looking plant too. Not every day you see a plant with more than one flower either. Mine never clumps.

Beautiful!!! Those blooms have presented themselves so nicely :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

A really fine example of the clade, wherever it falls on the taxonomic dartboard. It is rarely possible to trace most plants in the trade back to known collected specimens. Even if we could all agree it looks like a var. curtisii or a var. superbiens that wouldn't make it so. I think we can all agree it is very nice and very well grown.

i have 3 clones of the cross Paph suberbiens 'Leonhardt' x 'Maroon Marvel'. From the discussions and photos on the internet they sure seem more like curtisii or some kind of intergrade. it does not bug me in the slightest that these plants may not be a true species or may be some kind of hybrid. they grow easily with gorgeous foliage and beautiful flowers so i love them regardless :)

Latest posts

Back