Phragmipedium besseae var. dalessandroi (?)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic! It is a real thing in my eyes. Great growing!

Tough to say for sure without exact provenance. Ecuagenera sold many things as “d’alessandroi” over the years, few true to the name. Many besseae also branch and this is not dispositive of whether the plants are besseae or the variety. Plants with flowers consistent with yours have been found in several populations in Ecuador, each of which Ecuagenera had access to.

Tough to say for sure without exact provenance. Ecuagenera sold many things as “d’alessandroi” over the years, few true to the name. Many besseae also branch and this is not dispositive of whether the plants are besseae or the variety. Plants with flowers consistent with yours have been found in several populations in Ecuador, each of which Ecuagenera had access to.
Thanks for responding. I was hoping you would. Oddly enough, years ago I met Dennis D'Allessadro In Santa Barbara. He was selling plants he had collected. I was only interested in the pleurothallids he was offering. Caught the Phragmipedium bug much later. Darn!

I do have a division of a supposed "d'alessandroi" from Chuck Acker. I will enquire to see if he knows the provenance.

Cheers,
Paul

Latest posts

Back