Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
I purchased this as a seedling from Paphiness Orchids about 5-7 years ago. It grows much more vigorously than my regular stonei. This is its first bloom.

Paphiopedilum%20stonei%20var.%20alba%20whloe%20plant%2009-07-2015_zps6qrercrd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilum%20stonei%20var.%20alba%20whloe%20plant%20measured%2009-07-2015_zpsyxqd1rlw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilum%20stonei%20var.%20alba%20flower%2009-07-2015_zpsvvsg55iv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow! What an interesting flower. I'd love to have one of those. Not the best form but it's still awesome! :clap::clap::clap:

Wow! That is an amazing plant! Flowers are beautiful! My stonei plant is just as vigorous as your plant. I think we lucked out on stonei!

I'm gonna have to ask where did you get this, and how much was it? This is a great flower!!! Bery Good find!!!

I'm gonna have to ask where did you get this, and how much was it? This is a great flower!!! Bery Good find!!!

Paphiness Orchids and I paid a few hundred for it, as I recall. I do not remember the exact amount.

That's such a happy plant and what a cool colour form! I do like this a LOT! I happened to see a stonei album, in person, for the first time just 2 days ago. I was told that the owner figures that his stonei album is the first and only one to bloom in North America. 'Glad to see that there are more around. As it happens also, I heard Sam Tsui give a talk yesterday on Strap Leafed Paphs. He had a few photos of stonei album in his powerpoint presentation. So, I guess he's been blooming them too. 'Looking forward to when the seedlings are down a bit in price!

BTW: It's "var. album".

Latest posts

Back