Paphiopedilum Phips

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I got 2 of these during my recent trip to Aalsmeer:
(= Aureum ( = Nitens ( = insigne x villosum) x spicerianum) x Boltonii (= insigne x niveum), Joicey 1925)
I like the creamy coloring! Jean

It's interesting how dominant niveum can be for color even as a grandparent. Nice older cross. :) Do you know: is this a remake of the cross or a division of one of the original plants?

It is interesting to note that even though the original cross was registered in 1925, its first progeny was not registered until 1952. Since then, it has been a parent in 21 more registered crosses, the latest being in 2006. Most (18) were made in Japan by various growers. None have ever been awarded by the AOS, but I do not have records for the JOGA awards.

It's interesting how dominant niveum can be for color even as a grandparent. Nice older cross. :) Do you know: is this a remake of the cross or a division of one of the original plants?

I will email Michel for this question; I suppose it will also be interesting for Lochristiense (to open soon)! Jean

Latest posts

Back