Paphiopedilum parnatanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. I really would like to get one of this. You rarely see this in the Phils now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice. Such a big pouch. Given this is closely related to callosum (some even say it is just a form of this species), is the curled dorsal normal for parnatanum? A twist in the dorsal is typical of callosum.

...is the curled dorsal normal for parnatanum?

I have only seen my own 'live' - a quick search on the net, though, shows a lot of parnatanums with a curled dorsal...but some real good ones do not show this feature!

Dr. William Cavestro, who described the species, only says about the DS: "The dorsal sepal is white striated with.green ... is ovate, acuminate, 3-3.2cm long and 2.9-3cm large".

Such a nice and rare plant. Congrats!

Thanks, same to you. Popow has great plants but they are so expensive here! :(

Are they? When I'm looking to the offers of some american vendors, I do think to live in an orchid low price land in Germany. But okay - costs for transport and cites might increase the prices for Popow-plants in USA very much.

Merry christmas to all here! :)

Thanks, same to you. Popow has great plants but they are so expensive here! :(

O.K. prices rised a lot since his son Alex took over the buiseness. When I think of past times when I walked thru the greenhouses and picked up some very nice plants and in the end Mr. Popow sen. told me the prices....they were really reasonable.

O.K. prices rised a lot since his son Alex took over the buiseness. When I think of past times when I walked thru the greenhouses and picked up some very nice plants and in the end Mr. Popow sen. told me the prices....they were really reasonable.

You might be right, Rudolf. I wasn't there for longer time (I tried, but couldn't find a date with them), so I don't know the prices there today. But I'm sharing this experience with Bosha, I couldn't find his orchids pricey, despite to their high quality. Maybe things changed...

Back