Paphiopedilum niveum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very impressive. what do you do to get this explosion of blooms?
I think it’s just age. It blooms on and off all year. But this blooming is by far the best. I fertilize very little and use Toronto tap water. I think there’s something in it that brachys love.

Both are great, the flowers and its count as well as the culture ... never have seen such a bunch of flowers on one single plant before. 👌 Congrats.

I think it’s just age. It blooms on and off all year. But this blooming is by far the best. I fertilize very little and use Toronto tap water. I think there’s something in it that brachys love.
Amazing blooms!
How long have this Paph been with you? Would you mind sharing the potting medium used? Thanks :)

Both are great, the flowers and its count as well as the culture ... never have seen such a bunch of flowers on one single plant before. 👌 Congrats.
Thank you!
Amazing blooms!
How long have this Paph been with you? Would you mind sharing the potting medium used? Thanks :)
10 years at least. Initially potted in fir bark but I’m sure it’s more roots now than media

Yes I repotted it when I got it. It was a small single growth seedling
Thank you for sharing. I am surprised as there's online sharing about the need to repot once every few years. Yours is a testament that it may not be true and is depending on the culture.

Thank you for sharing. I am surprised as there's online sharing about the need to repot once every few years. Yours is a testament that it may not be true and is depending on the culture.
I think one of the reasons it works for me is that I fertilize very very very lightly

Last edited:
Back