Paphiopedilum micranthum in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping you could show us. The close-up photos are great, too, of course. But, it helps so much to see them close-up AND from a bit of a distance. We're very lucky to have you as a member here. Thanks very much for taking the time to share your photos!

Thank you, I'll do from next time too.

I thought there was an update on this plant. lol

"Too much love will kill you" was it by Queen? :)

I was always dreaded by the frequent sad stories about growing this species and armeniacum, with some success stories every now and then.
With their habitat info, I stayed away until just recently.

Will see how my little micranthums will fare for me.
I plan on keeping them as cool as possible in winter.

It provides such valuable traits like large flower and small plat size. Not to mention beautifully patterned leaves.

I plan on keeping them as cool as possible in winter.

Instead, keep them as warm as possible all year min 20C if you can. That way they will grow right through winter. When they are almost mature, you can introduce them to the hot/cold cycle. There is no doubt that keeping the young plants warm leads to the quickest development.
I even had a couple of small armeniacum which were not doing very much.
I kept them cool as I thought that's what they preferred. After putting them with the Phalaenopsis they started up again. It's mid winter here now and they are starting to expand a new leaf.
You only need to worry about the cold rest when they are adults. (IMO)

Good question, since I've seen some size variations, although most are of similar size. Smallish.

I think mine, as small as it might be, with two growths, may be BS or NBS.
At least it was advertised as such, although the same seller has often been incorrect. lol

Back