Paphiopedilum malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I got this plant during the WOC in Dijon in 2005. This year's is the 2nd bloom. Jean.

paphiopedilummalipoensecn5.jpg

Is the pouch fully open? How long from when it started to spike to this blooming did it take? For the last 3 bloomings mine gets about 80% to full opening and then blasts. It also goes on for months.

The plant as a whole and the new growths are surprisingly large and fast growing for a parvi group species, so I've been amazed at how slow it takes to open a flower. Once they start micranthum and armeniacum are much faster. This may be a good candidate for some bone meal support during its fast growing time of year.

malipoenses really DO require tons of patience ! congratulations on blooming this one

Is the pouch fully open? How long from when it started to spike to this blooming did it take? For the last 3 bloomings mine gets about 80% to full opening and then blasts. It also goes on for months. ......

Sorry to be somewhat late with my reply. I had a one day trip to Amsterdam, and on this occasion I visited my first supplier in Aalsmeer. I found some very interesting paphs there (see threads to come) ex. Paph Lebaudyianum, Paph Goultenianum album, Delrosi ... all FS.

the spike started in Jan. So, it took +/- 5 months; timespan was aprox. ident. for the first bloom. I think that the pouch is open!?

paphiopedilummalipoenseod7.jpg

Latest posts

Back