Paph.jackii album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They supposedly smell like apples.

BTW, any idea how to get these to bloom? Or, is that why I got them from you? :)
I have a couple chysis in bud/bloom now, though it is a bit early. They are not consistent bloomers for me - except the bractescens coerulea (though ist is more floriferous some years than others). They supposedly have a drier winter, but I have found no correlation between winter moisture levels and blooming. Up high in the greenhouse for maximum light, intermediate to warm, moist. I'm considering adding some slow-release fertilizer to their pots this year following flowering. I _have_ discovered the bractescens coerulea is night fragrant!

Thanks, it's hard for us to simulate winter as the apartment is warmer in those months. :( They grow fine, maybe I'll move them closer to a window.

Thanks, it's hard for us to simulate winter as the apartment is warmer in those months. :( They grow fine, maybe I'll move them closer to a window.
Box them in by a window. All your cool growers. Build a wardian case open to and sealed to the wall around a window. Add a couple of vents to open to allow room air in in the evnet it gets _too_ cold.

Latest posts

Back