paphiopedilum Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
paphiopedilum vietnamense x delenatii

This is the first blooming for this plant

hochiminh1bildgrendernul7.jpg

hochiminh2bildgrendernyc5.jpg

Lovely! I'm expecting one of these to arrive in the mail any day now. I hope mine will be as lovely as yours is. Is it fragrant?

I will always know this hybrid only as paph "vietnamense x delenatii" and never as paph "ho chi minh"
I can not own this plant thinking of thousands of north vietnameses died in the communist's land reform, their tactic of eliminate other patriotic parties during the war against the french, of the waste of millions vietnamese deaths in the war on both sides, and lastly, the estimated 300,000 refugees who drowned in the sea.
For what, so the vietnamese communist party can sell the country to China?
If we are going to have Kentucky fried chicken, Baskin Robins, Prada etc.. & etc..in Vietnam as of present, why the war?
Is a party & its ideology (one party or any party) worth more than the lives of our peoples and the land of our ancestors?
:sob:
Just look at the germans. Do the germans have to have the war like us to be one again? (how lucky they are) just one stroke, the wall was down, and they become one & great again.

Hien, I feel for you...big waste

Hakone, Nicely bloomed. It looks geneticlly clean. I bought a compot of 5 plants from AnTec. One has bloomed, twice, another is very close but not yet and the last three I have my doubts they'll ever do anything. One of the three is a 4 growth plant with messed up leaves(genetically) the other two are small runts and refuse to grow.
Beautiful flower Hakone. Keep us posted on how long the flower last.

I will always know this hybrid only as paph "vietnamense x delenatii"
I can not own this plant thinking of thousands of north vietnameses died in the communist's land reform, their tactic of eliminate other patriotic parties during the war against the french, of the waste of millions vietnamese deaths in the war on both sides, and lastly, the estimated 300,000 refugees who drowned in the sea.
For what, so the vietnamese communist party can sell the country to China?
If we are going to have Kentucky fried chicken, Baskin Robins, Prada etc.. & etc..in Vietnam as of present, why the war?
Is a party & its ideology (one party or any party) worth more than the lives of our peoples and the land of our ancestors?
:sob:

Hello Hien,

you have right, please forgive me

Hello Hien,

you have right, please apology

I am sorry to let my sentiment out like this.
The flower is beautiful, anh Tai.
But my heart is heavy to think of many of our best & patriotic youths from both North & South who died for a misleading war that does not benefit the country. I am sad to see the country shrinking on the map, to find out the border gate "Nam Quan" is now well within China.
Don't you remember our ancestors have a proverb
" ga nha boi mat da nhau"
translated as
" who paints the faces of the roosters from the same household so that they will not recognize each others thus fighting to death"
The vietnameses (specially those who are still citizens of Vietnam & still live inside the country) should ask the question of which country encourages & benefits from our war) the answer is quite obvious, the country that took our land & sea recently.

Wow! :eek:

Ummm, thank you Hien, OK, back to STF... Nice bloom, I ordered mine in bud and when it arrived I promptly knocked it off! :( The foliage is usually nice on them though, kind of a bluish, like blue spruce tint.

This is very beautiful. I love this hybrid, although I've found it to be really slow-growing, and my flowers only last like 2 weeks tops.

Nice!!!! The photo is kind of shady... I guess the flower is much prettier...:D

I just looked up vietnamense x delenatii on the RHS site -- unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't find that it's been registered.

I just looked up vietnamense x delenatii on the RHS site -- unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't find that it's been registered.

Very nice bloom.

I agree that there is some thing wrong whith the website. Last night, I was trying to find some crosses but I could not find them ( I know those crosses were registered).

It works if you put in delenatii x vietnamense... I find this website is a little particular over the order you put in the parents... :confused:

Dan

Stunning flower.

Yes, I don't understand how this name was ever allowed. It is akin to naming something after Adolf Hitler. I never use it out of respect for the Vietnamese people who have died and suffered under such a horrendous regime.

David

Stunning flower.

Yes, I don't understand how this name was ever allowed. It is akin to naming something after Adolf Hitler. I never use it out of respect for the Vietnamese people who have died and suffered under such a horrendous regime.

David
Interesting point brought to light. I guess I'll refer to this plant as HCM only in disrepect of it's namesake

Back