Paphiopedilum henryanum in the wild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting Pholidota...I dont now it...is similar to P.clemensii from Borneo (but its not)...will do further research...

TN Rick, I never hike around here in the summer. We have far too many ticks. I'll wait until it gets a tad cooler
to poke around some areas for limestone. In my particular area, we have sandstone galore, but very little limestone. Most of the limestone formations I know about are in state parks and I think going around with a little hammer might be frowned upon, you think?

For now, my Paphs. seem very happy with Orchiata and K-Lite. I think I will try some gravel when I repot henry. I
don't use any sphag. in my Paph. pots. It stays waaaay too wet too long in my very humid gh.

Wow.............! Seeing these pictures of henryanum growing in the wild only make me more amazed and appreciative of my little potted ones here in Oklahoma!!! Amazing pieces of nature we manage to grow so far from their natural home!

I meant canhii in situ; but a potted plant would be almost as nice!

Yes, I have many but I do not took photo myself (I took my friend to the field when it dont have flower then during flower season I'm busy then he can go)

1-2.jpg

Yes, I have many but I do not took photo myself (I took my friend to the field when it dont have flower then during flower season I'm busy then he can go)

1-2.jpg

Dear Mr. Canh, Is that limestone. The one where the plant is growing?

Latest posts

Back