Paphiopedilum haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous Darlene, just fabulous!
I was trying to decide for a few minutes which one I liked better. Dumb dumb dumb! They are both beautiful clones. Congratulations!
I gave up at the first indication that my brain started to hurt. 😃

Like I said, a really good grower!!

Both gorgeous...both keepers. Each in their way!
Jeannie has better colour.
Stephen, that, I think, could be debatable...and depend on which part of the flower, you decide to focus on: #1 has a deeper, more saturated colour of the slipper, but if you prefer a more uniform colour of said flower segment, you may prefer to go with #2. #2 also seem to have a broader dorsal, while some probably would prefer the stance of the petals of #1 marginally over #2.
Summa summarum: I'm happy, I won't have to choose between the two. Neither has luckily, Darlene, due to her wise decision to keep them both! 🥰

As said earlier, I'm glad I won't have to choose between the two clones.....but hard pressed for an answer, my respond would be: both!
If pressured further, I would take recourse to the wise words of Mae West: "Too much of a good thing, can be ... wonderful"!

I love them both, and they’re so different, I can’t decide on my favorite. I just picked up one of these at our show - it’s started a new growth and looks like it’s thinking about spiking. You’ve got me very excited now. If mine is half as nice as one of these, I’ll be over the moon. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back