Paphiopedilum Giovanni Bellini - a white dwarf

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
I registered Paphiopedilum Giovanni Bellini at the 1st of Dec. It is Paph. (thaianum x Pacific Rainbow). Surprisingly this one come out as good as I had hoped or even better! Here is the first one in flower. Some more to follow, but I got only a few seedlings back from the lab.

This plant is growing in a pot of 7 cm!
NS 7.6 cm, PW 3.0 cm, LS 13 cm

If this was your Paph, which way would you use it for further breeding?

paphbellinipietadsc003mexr.jpg

paphbellinipietabluetjkewz.jpg

Nice one!!!I'll back cross it with thaianum again...for even smaller plant and longher stem....but you may loose some size of flower

Cracking cross. The plant looks so happy. Congratulations.

Cross onto helenae. Keep it small, maybe get more pastel colors and a clumping habit.

I second the idea of armeniacum for much the same reason: pastel colors.

back cross to thaianum or niveum, but what I'd do is self it to see if you get something more interesting out.

Cracking cross. The plant looks so happy. Congratulations.
Cross onto helenae. Keep it small, maybe get more pastel colors and a clumping habit.
I second the idea of armeniacum for much the same reason: pastel colors.

Tank you all!

I like the idea to self it! Maybe it is even better to cross it with its half-sister Paph. El Greco (niveum x Pacific Rainbow). A kind of mixture of back-crossing and selfing ;)

To cross it with helenae will most likely loose the outstretched broad petals. The habit is still a nice clumping one. So probably no bonus this way. But a Novelty with helenae in its background like In-Charm Gold would be great! Unfortunately I don't have anything like this. Does anyone have a good In-Charm Topaz, Bacolic Day, Miaohua Golden Venus, ((Jollix x Lovely Land) x helenae) 'Leprechaun'... or something along that line to swap pollen?

Tank you all!

I like the idea to self it! Maybe it is even better to cross it with its half-sister Paph. El Greco (niveum x Pacific Rainbow). A kind of mixture of back-crossing and selfing ;)

To cross it with helenae will most likely loose the outstretched broad petals. The habit is still a nice clumping one. So probably no bonus this way. But a Novelty with helenae in its background like In-Charm Gold would be great! Unfortunately I don't have anything like this. Does anyone have a good In-Charm Topaz, Bacolic Day, Miaohua Golden Venus, ((Jollix x Lovely Land) x helenae) 'Leprechaun'... or something along that line to swap pollen?

I have an excellent Topaz Magic in flower (awarded). Flower is pretty old but the pollen should be good. Can see it on my web page. I have In Charm Topaz too, some pretty good ones, but not in flower.

I have an excellent Topaz Magic in flower (awarded). Flower is pretty old but the pollen should be good. Can see it on my web page. I have In Charm Topaz too, some pretty good ones, but not in flower.

What an offer! :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back