Paphiopedilum gigantifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
A first bloom seedling for me. The plant is 36 inches tall and 32 inches wide. Each flower is about 3 inches across and 4 inches tall. I have never seen one in bloom in person and was anticipating much smaller flowers. To me, the flowers are pretty large for a multifloral species.

Paphiopedilum%20gigantifolium%20%20plant%2003-10-2017_zpsbakpisla.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilum%20gigantifolium%20flower%2003-10-2017_zpscxoe319r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So great to see, great growing, blooming and photography of this amazing species. It is going to be exciting times as many grower's seedling start to bloom like yours!

I love this species. Would you please share how you are growing it?

I grow it about 40 inches away from a 100w LED plant light. The potting medium is 80% fir bark and 20% perlite. It is kept indoors all year and gets day temps of 80F and night temps of 65F in the summer and winter is about 5-10F cooler. I fertilize weekly with a Michigan State fertilizer at 125-150 ppm.

Wow JP! Fine job you have done. No staking either? A large 2nd growth as well? That spoke must of gotten very close to the lights, yes? Was this one of Sam's original offers of Dark Warrior X self?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

A first bloom seedling for me. The plant is 36 inches tall and 32 inches wide. Each flower is about 3 inches across and 4 inches tall. I have never seen one in bloom in person and was anticipating much smaller flowers. To me, the flowers are pretty large for a multifloral species.

Paphiopedilum%20gigantifolium%20%20plant%2003-10-2017_zpsbakpisla.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilum%20gigantifolium%20flower%2003-10-2017_zpscxoe319r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A nice clone. Could you show me the picture of the whole plant?

Wow JP! Fine job you have done. No staking either? A large 2nd growth as well? That spoke must of gotten very close to the lights, yes? Was this one of Sam's original offers of Dark Warrior X self?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's 'Awesome' x self. I think that it is from Piping Rock Orchids.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back