Paphiopedilum concolor in the wild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly is the material there roots are in? I can tell a little by the pictures but any information would be appreciated. Is it just moist?

Great photos, thanks!!!! Could you give a few details about the environment: terrain, temperature, altitude...:) !? Thanks again!! Jean

Sorry, I must have skipped page 2 !!

But that is thrilling!!! I've never liked this species and now I know why! It's gorgeous in its habitat, but in a pot it never seems to look 'happy' to me - this flowers look upward, are completely open and really display a wonderful color!
Thanks for sharing habitat pics, they tell more than an average text can! And btw, really great photos, well done!

Thank you very much to share your magnificent photos. They are for us the only opportunity to see the environment in which Paphios grows. It helps us a lot to improve our cultures! In this case we can easly understand that the food certainly is not very copious.

great pic thanks for shring with us, is there a lot of organic material between the roots and the stones

from your description of the habitat, it looks like the roots and plant rarely get 'hot' from sunlight, or at least very little. plants around here that only grow on northern faced slopes often need very cool roots and the plants are sensitive to too much sunlight/heat/drying

Thank you all for your comment and I add some more information that most off you wanted to know: They are mainly grow on northern faced slopes, the roots basically go to the soil under the moist.

CXC_9581_zps75afe429.jpg

CXC_9537_zps2d917de9.jpg

CXC_9585_zps92a6b371.jpg

Thank you all for your comment and I add some more information that most off you wanted to know: They are mainly grow on northern faced slopes, the roots basically go to the soil under the moist.

CXC_9537_zps2d917de9.jpg

Is it album?
Thanks for sharing both pictures and habitat information
Thank you

What is light level by the way
Is it shaded by larger tree above?

The light level is very hight and it almost have no shadow.
The album look just like this (the one I saw)

var_zps0c92734a.jpg

Back