Paphiopedilum bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Second bloom, small piece of the mother plant that will also bloom soon.
Should be grown warm to hot.

P1110178.JPG

A very nice one.

So you grow bellatulum warm to hot? I was thinking it needs cooler temp than other Brachy.

average day temps in april seem to be about 38°C in nature... 100°F
Most of the year it is 30°C. SO no, definitely has to be grown hot. You will have bacteria problems and slow growth if growing too cool (nights can be cooler, 13-15°C is ok). But it thrives when grown warm and humid.

I also grow it warm to hot (with my Catasetinae) and grows like weed... my best growing Brachy!

That's exactly how you have to grow it!
Here I grow it too cool in winter, so I have trouble with it. No problem when I was growing indoor, warm, under lights. The new greenouse should be warmer. :D

whoah!!!! i grow them too and they are very vigorous for me. however i grow indoors under lights and my temps are intermediate.

average day temps in april seem to be about 38°C in nature... 100°F
Most of the year it is 30°C. SO no, definitely has to be grown hot. You will have bacteria problems and slow growth if growing too cool (nights can be cooler, 13-15°C is ok). But it thrives when grown warm and humid.

I agree totally! I was quite surprised that it grew really well in warm conditions considering a lot of literature suggest they can grow in cool condtions.

Paphman910

:clap: :drool: :clap:
A very nice one.

So you grow bellatulum warm to hot? I was thinking it needs cooler temp than other Brachy.
You're not alone guys! I guess it goes to show us if everything else is right, temp might not make the difference?

:clap: :drool: :clap:
You're not alone guys! I guess it goes to show us if everything else is right, temp might not make the difference?

P. bellatulum in nature do grows from low to mid-elevations and can tolerate cooler winter/dry season. But I think because of the line breeding (bellatulum is a few of those specie that line breeded alot) the genes might change alot and now it can tolerate warm-hot.

Back