Paph Yi-Ying Golden Slipper

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
Can't take credit for this one. The photo on the vendor's website showed great promise, so I decided to pick this one up at a show a couple weeks back. Unfortunately it has not turned out as good as the one in the photo, though I still like it. I wish it would flatten out more, but it's been like this for a week now, so I'm losing faith... it is a young plant, however.

This one?

IMG_1769.jpg

I like yours better too Joe.

perhaps a stupid question.. but is there a reason why complex hybrids often bloom with more cupped flowers? Is it because of genetics or the lack of humidity/light or a combination of things?

Joe, I think your plant fits the name "golden slipper" better than the plant Paramount put in the show. :) Nice bloom!

perhaps a stupid question.. but is there a reason why complex hybrids often bloom with more cupped flowers? Is it because of genetics or the lack of humidity/light or a combination of things?

Joe, I think your plant fits the name "golden slipper" better than the plant Paramount put in the show. :) Nice bloom!

Thanks for the comment! I believe that humidity, etc. can often be a factor with this type of thing but I think that in this case it's just because it is a first blooming.

If that could flatten out more (well a lot more) it does have great promise.

Maybe next year??? It's nice anyway, lovely colour and glossy texture.

Back