Paph. Wossner Butterfly

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Barbara

(malipoense x Vietnamense)

Hello again, been awhile since posting anything so here is a little something that seemed photoworthy. I've had this one for nearly a year and this is the first bloom and it smells sweet too, faintly of raspberries.

HPIM3288.jpg

HPIM3287.jpg

HPIM3292.jpg

Most interesting throat into the pouch. Love that stami too! Also interesting how the green of mali and the pink of viet are lost.

Thanks! I don't have it sitting in front of me at the moment, but I believe it's about 4 1/2 inches across.

That's a beauty. I bought one in bud last December but it blasted on me...

Do they blast often? I told the guys at Cloud's (where I got it) that it was in bloom and they seemed pleased or mildly surprised. Beginners luck maybe! :D

Mine came from Paramount, and one of the guys there said a couple of his had blasted too. It happens; mine would have gone from a lovely decently humid greenhouse to my growing room, which at the time didn't have supplemental humidity. Poor thing didn't have a chance. Normal house humidity in December for us is probably 20% on a good day. :(

I thought it might be the humidy, I've heard about the lack there of in your neck of the woods. Fortunately it's always humid here or perhaps unfortunalely depending on the season! :D

Could it be the malipoense influence? They are quite prone to bud blast, aren't they?

I Like It. As expected, looks a ton like Lyleigh Koopowitz. Vietnamense seems to be behaving a lot like delenatii in hybridization but not as strong a color inhibitor.

-Ernie

Thanks Ernie. Seems to me that I read that they're sensitive to air polution, perhaps this was in Mr Koopwitz's book...

If that is the case, then I've been very lucky since for the first time this year we have had much better air quality due to the high rainfall in my area.

I love that deep centre of the bloom :)

Mine from cloud's is in bud too and it survived possible bud blast from my vaccation. I sure hope it will bloom. I was suprised it is budding so soon too.

Back