Paph. victoria regina x phalaenopsis !?!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
My Paph. victoria regina flowered. I got this seedling because of the wide leaves which looks like a stiff phalaenopsis. For a first bloom it looks promising.

Ramon:)

Paph. victoria regina plant
3350286587_4334e1b062_b.jpg

Flower
3351112288_e1e2597c73_b.jpg

What! that ain't no Phal! It's too cute to be!!!! Nice flower Ramon, you must of been under the tables again!

I doubt it's kalinae. The pouch is too chubby, it's probably not fuzzy enough, and the dorsal is wrong. Ours have different leaves too. IMO of course.

-Ernie

This is an excellent example of what is floating a round the states as Paph. victoria regina or chamberlainiaum if you like.

hehe, I had seen your pic in Flickr before, and was delighted with it... very nice plant :)

This is an excellent example of what is floating a round the states as Paph. victoria regina or chamberlainiaum if you like.

do you mean these are different than true chamberlainianums? should i google or could you provide examples?

do you mean these are different than true chamberlainianums? should i google or could you provide examples?
Most if not all taxos have come to the concluison that these two names are one in the same plant. victoria reginae predates chamberlainianum

dang. i always hoped chamberlainianum was first....

oh... i had originally misinterpreted your post. i thought you were suggesting that there had been breeding which would have confused several different gene pools, such as liemianum, kalinae, etc.

dang. i always hoped chamberlainianum was first....

oh... i had originally misinterpreted your post. i thought you were suggesting that there had been breeding which would have confused several different gene pools, such as liemianum, kalinae, etc.
I feel this "confuison" that you have mentioned has already taken place! I really hate to buy plants from this group unless I have one in hand and can examine it very close!

Latest posts

Back