paph venustum fma. measuresianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellow cnyos orchid club member Iris Cohen has had a paph venustum fma. measuresianum that she traded antec orchids for a while back, but hadn't quite gotten the blend of timing and culture together, but this year it was in great flower and at the perfect time for the stos show in binghamton, ny. Other years it would flower too early or they weren't able to head to the judging center in elmsford, ny. I didn't write down the clonal name, but it received an 84 pt. AM/AOS.

paphvenvarmeas409a.JPG

paphvenvarmeas409b.JPG

oddcouple409.JPG

was interesting seeing this venustum paired off with the angraecum right next to it! :)

paphwierdness409.JPG

funky brain convolution patterns

Iris did mention in a post to the ogd that eventually divisions would be available, but don't start emailing for a few years ;)

Yeah, that's a superb venustum fma measuresianum! Nice, fat petals. Good trade!

-Ernie

thanks. I will pass along word to iris. I should also mention that Luis Matienzo also received an AM, in the high '80's for a paph Xanthophyllum. that is a capital 'X' as it's an old hybrid. I didn't hear about the award until I was heading out the door and plants/cameras had already been put away. luis is former pres. of the stos orchid club and was his first aos award

it had all three of the flowers open at our auction this afternoon! Iris made the comment that her only aos awards have been for paphs, that she isn't all that crazy about them (only likes them moderately that means), but that all of them are still alive after being awarded, so that sends her a telling message

Latest posts

Back