Paph Venustum Album "Candor Limelate"xHelenae "USBG"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegayde

Reaction score
I have often chuckled when ppl post pics of plants they have found in bloom and wondered how the spike could develop and bloom without them ever catching it beforehand....WELL.......as I have said before I water every 10-21 days and more often than not its closer to the 21 day mark.....and I found this little bloom when I was watering.....ROFL......it was laid across another plant and facing the window.....not sure how long it has been in bloom and now that I have staked it I am not sure if the bloom will ever get any better.....when it is staked the bloom stares up at the ceiling......its not quite as bad when it is not staked though it is not perfect by any means....just the one bloom but two pics one from a little different angle

Todd

Attachments

• Paph Venustum Album 'Candor Limelate' x Helenae 'USBG'.JPG
    Paph Venustum Album 'Candor Limelate' x Helenae 'USBG'.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Paph Venustum Album 'Candor Limelate' x Helenae 'USBG' bloom.JPG
    Paph Venustum Album 'Candor Limelate' x Helenae 'USBG' bloom.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 40
I totally dig that flower, and most helenae crosses I've seen for that matter.

Forrest

21 days?!? I hope you're using S/H, and have some pretty serious water reservoirs in the bottom! Nice bloom though! Glad you noticed it and shared it w/ us :)

That's a very interesting cross - and a pretty flower, no matter how it is displayed. Thanks for noticing it and sharing it with us!

21 days?!? I hope you're using S/H, and have some pretty serious water reservoirs in the bottom! Nice bloom though! Glad you noticed it and shared it w/ us :)

I use a mix of Aussie Gold and Kelley's Korner Special Orchid Mix which has CHC as one of the ingredients......my orchids get very dry before I water them....though some of the cups I am using for pots I did make the holes about 1/2" or so from the bottom so there is a bit of water that gets soaked up...its what works for me I am sure it would not be good for everyone

Todd

Latest posts

Back