Quantcast

Paph. Toni Semple

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

marcher85

Reaction score
Paph. haynaldianum alba x Paph. Lowii alba ‘Hilo Gold’ AM/AOS. Second time flowering, First under my care. I love how flat the flowers are.

Attachments

marcher85

Reaction score
I can’t say it is easy. It likes light more than other of my paphs, actually it receive last two hours of sun during summer time, temperature in the windowsill where it is placed does not go over 80F.

Sherry H

Reaction score
Orchid4you2016 a fab grower on eBay. I have great plants from them!

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful....

Perfect storm of two multifloral albums. Best of both parents.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
looks much the same as haynaldianum album.
Haynaldianum album actually has small flowers with thinner petals (not the spoon like petals of lowii inherited by this hybrid), on shorter spikes.

Ozpaph

Reaction score
Haynaldianum album actually has small flowers with thinner petals (not the spoon like petals of lowii inherited by this hybrid), on shorter spikes.
I see that, thanks.
It just strikes me as a fairly pointless hybrid, IMHO (in album form). It just doesnt seem an 'advance' in form, size, shape etc over its parents. The coloured form can be an improvement on the parents if strongly coloured and the 'paddles' display nicely.

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
I see that, thanks.
It just strikes me as a fairly pointless hybrid, IMHO (in album form). It just doesnt seem an 'advance' in form, size, shape etc over its parents. The coloured form can be an improvement on the parents if strongly coloured and the 'paddles' display nicely.
Maybe the hybrid vigor makes it easier to grow and flower?

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
These are lovely and attracting flowers without any doubt.

I see that, thanks. It just strikes me as a fairly pointless hybrid, IMHO (in album form). It just doesnt seem an 'advance' in form, size, shape etc over its parents. The coloured form can be an improvement on the parents if strongly coloured and the 'paddles' display nicely.
To be honest I'm on Ozpaph's side. In my eyes it's very confusing crossing such closely related species. When I see these flowers I see P. lowii album, nothing else. So in my eyes a strictly line breeding would be the better way to go and avoid confusing and misunderstanding.

Latest posts