Paph Toni Semple

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Toni Semple! You can see the combination of the two species, the petals of lowii with the staminode more of the haynaldianum ( egg shaped) and the coloration of the dorsal sepals is more lowii but you can see the spotting on the base of the dorsal sepals which came from haynaldianum.

Ramon:)
I couldn't of said it better Ramon!
Leo, now that it is of "blooming size" maybe I'll get some of that hybrid vigor we all talk of and this plant will get moving for me.

Ping!

I wanted to bump this thread to post a final update on this year's blooming. I think when this plant matures more and can put out more then 3 flowers it could be awardable. Whatcha all think? The flowrs are ~6 inches NS
P1000913.jpg

P10008941.jpg

Here is the whole plant....see how small from the haynaldianum influence.
P1000916.jpg

:clap: :clap: It's a champ to me! I can't believe the size of the plant! AWESOME! :smitten:

Sample my Toni is still small, but one day he will have a magnificent flowering as this

beautiful large flowers on this 'small' plant!!! Jean
You are so right Jean. I want to kick it up a notch this spring after it done blooming and see if I can get bigger growths on it. I would like to increase the flower by two!

Back