Paph. Toni Semple x liemianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mkline3

This is a great one that I bought in bloom in october. It bloomed for a long time, maybe 3 months! :rollhappy:

Paph. Toni Semple (lowii x hanyldianum)
x
Paph. liemianum

I really like the dorsal and spots on the inner "wings".

Attachments

• re.jpg
    re.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 46
:clap: That's a cutie! I like those spots too! No question where they came from! :clap:

Very nice. Reminds me a lot of my Paph Song of Love (lowii x liemianum). :clap:

Paphiopedilum_Song_of_Love2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "wing span" of the petals was about 4 inches/ 15cm if I recall correctly.

Mkline3, what lighting conditions did you use to take your photo? The photo seems a bit dull. I wonder because the lowii x liemianum cross is far more colourful compared to your Toni Semple x liemianum, yet I would expect it to be just about as colourful.

I do like the near horizontal petals of the Toni Semple x liemianum compared tot he droopy ones of the lowii x liemianum but the latter is far more colourful and appealing.

Could the hanyldianum have had such a dramatic "dulling" effect? Or are we just looking at poor light and/or a bad luck of the draw when it comes to genetics.

I'm not saying I don't like the Toni Semple x liemianum, I'm just wondering about the genetic influences in what makes it what it is.

Thanks for posting.

Prob. bad lighting and genetics, I had just bought it and was snapping a quick pic in our kitchen under fluro. lights. Though the color was not nearly as bright as the pic that nikv posted.

Back